For the Cupcakes you will need:
- 110g (4oz) butter or margarine
- 110g (4oz) caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 110 (4oz) self rating flour
For the Icing you will need:
- 130 unsalted butter (4 ½oz)
- 250 Icing Sugar (9oz)
- around 15ml milk or warm water
- 50g chocolate mini eggs (depends how many chocolate mini eggs you want)
Easter Chocolate Cupcakes
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas Mark 4. Place the Baking Cases into a cupcake tin.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs and if the mixture starts to curdle, add a little flour.
- Fold in the remaining flour and cocoa with a metal spoon.
- Place spoonfuls of the mixture into the Baking Cases and bake for 15 – 20 minutes until well risen and firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a cooling rack.
- To make the butter cream icing place the butter in a bowl and beat until soft. Gradually sift and beat in the icing sugar and then add enough milk / water to make the icing fluffy and spreadable.
- Use a star nozzle to pipe the Chocolate Butter Icing in a circular pattern on top of each cake and place three chocolate mini eggs in the centre of each