I Love Japanese food (I love all asian food) so i though I would share my favourite gyoza dumplings.
You will need
- 400g lean pork mince
- 1 cup finely shredded cabbage (see note)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 30 gow gee wrappers (you can get them in any asian shop)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- sliced green onions, to serve
- Place the mince, cabbage, sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger and garlic in a bowl. Stir till well combined. Place the wrappers on a fall table surface. To make the dumpling spaces put 1 heaped teaspoon mince mixture on 1 half of the wrapper. Brush the edges with cold water so they won’t will stick better. Fold the remaining wrapper halves over to enclose filling. Press edges together to seal.
- Step 2 Heat half the vegetable oil in a large frypan over high heat. Remove from heat. Reduce heat to medium-high. Arrange half the dumplings in pan. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until bases are browned. Put the finished dumplings in a oven (so they won’t get cold while you’re doing the other dumplings) stay proof blow and set the oven to a low heat, the oven so they, whenever your finished with the dumplings place them in the oven with the other ones. Repeat with remaining oil and dumplings.